[3830] Volta RTTY VA2UP SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 13 19:08:26 PDT 2012

                    Volta RTTY DX Contest

Call: VA2UP
Operator(s): VA2UP
Station: VA2UP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Lasalle

   80:   35   282    13
   40:  157  1622    36
   20:  287  4346    57
   15:  158  2807    54
   10:    1    40     1
-------------------------
Total:  638  9097   161  Total Score = 951,837,304

Club: Contest Group du Quebec

Comments:

Looking at the log from last year, the first few hours of the contest were
really down this time. Conditions were pretty bad all considered and many
factors like the dxpedition wiping out a good chunk of both 15 and 20M for many
hours and reduced all around participation contributed to a maybe less
successful event.
This is a fun contest and as always I have good fun.
My gripes are once more directed to a particular station who seems to enjoy
sitting right next to me while I run. This time he even took over my frequency
after calling in, not answering my exchange and starting a CQ run of his own. I
just sat back and watched him for a few minutes (not getting any answers hi).
Then he just left. I still believe we do this for fun and fun it should be. I
will not let this childish behaviour spoil my hobby and I suggest this person
change his ways so that maybe he can start enjoying it too!
Thanks all for the fun and the Qs.
PS: in rough conditions it is not impossible that we step on somebody else's
toes unintentionnally. Should this happen, do let me know so that I can improve
my operating techniques in that sense and learn to be more careful.
73, Fabi va2up