[3830] Volta RTTY IQ1RY M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri May 18 12:52:13 PDT 2012

                    Volta RTTY DX Contest

Call: IQ1RY
Operator(s): I1BEP IK1HXN IW1AYD
Station: IQ1RY

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Bra

   80:   28    270    19
   40:  198   1888    40
   20:  422   4309    76
   15:  199   2910    74
   10:   19    631    15
--------------------------
Total:  866  10008   232  Total Score = 1,967,392,656

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

What’s up for the VOLTA RTTY Contest from this side?
Well, it was fatiguing, by several means. The rate, out of the first 2/3 hours
period was quite slow. The prop was both very good as opening periods, at ours
local night time on 20m, but somewhat sluggish on 15m in the second half of the
contest. 80m went quite unused this time, signals where frantically searched up
and down but not so much showed up.
Numbers aren’t so wrong and there was some great competition time. It seems
to us that those numbers will be not high as in 2011, we will see the official
record at time.
Just to say the Contest committee have done a great work on 2011. Hope they
could match the official results timing of 2011 even this year. Thanks for the
big effort done on 2011. And thanks a lot also for the nice plaque that IQ1RY
received since then, it shows very well on the wall of the clubstation!
What to say more, just recovering from ours 24 hours efforts we would like to
say TU to everybody even attempted to made a QSO with us. Time to time we went
regrettably not able to RX someone. Signals, i.e. on 15m un-opening for the
whole EU morning of the last day,  went really weak. But such a weak as we
never seen. Then on the 24 hours of the contest the DX-expeditioners unaware
activities disrupted several time the contest activity.
But anyway, we are pleased to have added ours clubstation call, IQ1RY, to this
event. TU for Q’s and the happy on air time.

CU all on this year official paper and then for next year VOLTA RTTY Contest!

             73 from the whole IQ1RY bunch, de iw1ayd Salvo