[3830] WPX CW V26E(AB2E) SO(A)AB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 27 15:49:16 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: V26E
Operator(s): AB2E
Station: V26E

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Antigua

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Operated from the V26B Superstation hosted by V21N.
Rig: IC756 Pro III
Antennas:
10m - triple stack 5el yagis
15m - double stack (not working)5 el yagis. Wound up using the 40m stack on
15m.
20m - double stack 3 el yagis
40m - double stack Cushcraft 40-2CD
80m - 3 el Vee beams on both EU and US
160m - dipole

40m also has EU/US vee beams available.

Had a great time again, thanks to all who worked me, a lot of you on 3 or 4
bands. 40m not very good Fri night, very noisy, and was asked for a lot of
repeats so much have been noisy elsewhere too. Much better Sat night.

Murphy struck 15m, near infinite SWR on both antennas. Bypassed the Six-poack
but the SWR was still high. The 20m position on the Six-pack had likewise died,
but ran the coax directly to the rig and that worked fine for the contest. No
other problems this time with any of the other antennas. If you worked me on
15m, I was using the 40m Cushcraft stack which loaded up with low SWR on 15m
and was feeding both yagis, and seemed to work like a champ.

Didn't feel a lot like DX at times though - had to do a lot of S&P when the
rate slowed down. Had some great runs at times though.

The goal was to set a new world record for the class, which was tentatively
achieved - did about a meg more this year raw score than last year's score.
Also made 300 more Qs, and 80 more mults than last year.

73 and see you in the pileups!
Darrell V26E (AB2E)