[3830] WPX CW LY5W SOSB80(TS) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 27 17:01:28 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: LY5W
Operator(s): LY5W
Station: LY5W

Class: SOSB80(TS) HP
QTH: KO15TA, Kriemala

Club: Vytautas Magnus Univ Radio Club

Comments:

Ouch,....what a hard contest. Using home made P.A. with 2x GU74B (LIKE
ACOM2000)can't break many pileup's on the morning to the WEST.
There are call-signs which I called million times:
AA1CA, AK1W, AD4Z, KC2VVZ, KE3X, K3ZO, K4BBL, N1SNB, NR3X, N3UM, NA3F, NS1S,
NP4Z, NQ4I, NG3R, N6AR, P40H, V26E, VA1MM, VC3T, VE3RZ, VE3TGY, W0UCE, WK1Q,
WJ9B, W2YC, WW3DE, 6Y3A,.......I wrote it on piece of paper :)
Easy make a million point's on 80m, using KW + High Dipole? I think is hard,
very hard work. My goal was to change OLD LY Record set by Andy LY2BTA in 1996!
Andy also was this year as LY7Z on 80m, LOW POWER. His father LY9Y was PJ4Y. Not
heard on 80m.
Maybe with vertical's and more power in future :)
Equipment , computer worked very well - without any problem's. During free time
at daylight worked some 150+ QSO'S on 10m as LY2BIM (MY other call).
In shack we were both with my new friend - Siberian husky. He was 5kg in friday
evening and 6.1kg after contest :) Only 9 week's old! My dog eat everything -
meat, sausages, bread, headphones, microphone, cables, etc.....:) My daughter
made this present to me after my mother's death. We are together now, and I'm
not alone! Daughter come's to New York in late August for next 5-6 year's to
University.
TNX for QSO'S! QSL's via www.qrz.com
See You in next contest!
Sam LY5W
p.s. Last year I won 40m EU Trophy as S.OP. Still not received yet :(