[3830] WPX CW SJ2W M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 27 17:05:39 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: SJ2W
Operator(s): SE2T SM2LIY SM2WMV
Station: SJ2W

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Da Traesk

   20: 1361
   15: 1754

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Propagations were really good most of the contest. Not enough operators with
SM2WMV and SM2LIY doing most of the operating and SE2T filling in a bit on
Saturday during the day.

The new M/S category is really boring since it pretty much limits the use of a
second mult radio except the possibility to have a radio inband. The M/2
category does not replace the old M/S category either, so WPX has pretty much
ruined it and making it a pure RUN contest.

Anyway, we had fun and managed to get a new SM record. However the goal of
beating OG6N score from 2009 was not reached. But we are happy with the result
anyway.

Check the website for lots of information about ongoing projects and more
information about the station.
http://www.sj2w.se/contest/

QSL via LOTW or direct to SM2LIY.

/Mike, SM2WMV