[3830] WPX CW WJ9B SOSB80 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 27 18:08:29 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WJ9B
Operator(s): WJ9B
Station: WJ9B

Class: SOSB80 LP
QTH: ID

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

...much too tired for a full effort, all bands.  So, I decided to use a
full-wave 80 meter loop antenna erected off the 15 meter tower (80 feet, just
completed) to check out propagation on 80 meters from here.  Actually worked
two Eu stations.  Most everyone stayed on 40 meters at night, not much need for
80, which was in poor shape.  Lots of QRN the second night.  Worked 30 JAs, but
expected to work many more.  Still, it was fun, and I got some much needed rest
during the day.

73, Will, wj9b