[3830] WPX CW K0DQ(@WW1WW) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 27 18:50:54 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K0DQ
Operator(s): K0DQ
Station: WW1WW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NH, USA

   20: 1130
   15: 1644

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Quick look.  Comments to follow.

A caveat:  I had to switch operating computers in the middle of the contest.
They were all networked but there is a 1-2 QSO count discrepancy between the
three computers and several Q's were logged on the wrong band due to a C.A.T.
issue at the switch.  More importantly, there were a few strange things that
make me wonder if something was lost in the transition in terms of multipliers.
 Specifically, several times I remember seeing something as a new mult and
thinking I had worked it before.  Hopefully it's my memory, not the logging
software.  Will take a close look and resubmit if it's off.

Generally good summer conditions.  Judging by serial numbers, I suspect
virtually all of the crew consisting of AK1W (K5ZD), K1LZ, KC3R (K3CR/LZ4AX),
AA3B, WC1M (and possibly others) also broke the old 9.5 Million US SOABHP
record (KC3R in 2009).  Question is who ends up on top.

Still trying to figure out the strategy of off times in this.  40 meters is
obviously not as big a player in this contest / conditions, so our heavy
artillery there was less of a strategic factor.

All in all, a very fun contest with good participation.  Especially nice to see
all the Russian calls.

Thanks to all for the QSOs and especially to Woody for letting me command
Battleship New Hampshire for the weekend.

Scott, K0DQ @ WW1WW (Battleship NH)