[3830] WPX CW V31UB(KU5B) SOAB(TS) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 27 19:51:50 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: V31UB
Operator(s): KU5B
Station: V31UB

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: Placencia, Belize

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Mother Nature decided to keep the storms rolling in for just under 75% of the
contest so my operating time was severely limited.

Lots of fun when I was on and it seemed like conditions were pretty good. Nice
to hear EU and JA on both 15 and 20 all night long. I was able to operate the
first 8 hours non-stop and was 200k below the V3 record when I had to shut
down. The storms just kept coming and only let up a couple of more times on
Saturday and Sunday evenings.

Sad to still have many big gun stations not send QRL before CQing and totally
obliterate my run frequency many times.

Nonetheless, I hope to be back next year and perhaps the weather will be in my
favour next time!

Station:
Yaesu FT-1000MP MkV Field
Ameritron AL-80 (only ever got about 300w out of it)
Lightning Bolt Cubical Quad for 10/15/20 at 10m high
HF2V for 40/80 in salt water lagoon
Win-Test V4.10.0

Thanks for the Q's.

Colin KU5B / V31UB