[3830] WPX CW W5GAI SOSB10 QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 27 20:29:10 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: W5GAI
Operator(s): W5GAI
Station: W5GAI

Class: SOSB10 QRP
QTH: AUSTIN, TX

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

My 3rd year doing 10M QRP. At age 73, propagation on 10M fits my stamina! Score
was 68% higher than 2010 score for same op
time, thanks to better propagation, and way better than nearly dead band in
2011. Managed 12.6 QSO's per hour in 14 hours operating time.
Band was really strange. Lots of long QSB on most signals. Very little short
hops. Only one VE, VE9AA in the log.  EU sigs were weak to nil most of the time
on, but then a few strange S9 pipeline QSO's would emerge. At 2357z Sunday
worked OZ and LZ with biggest signals heard from EU. Few African's
heard/worked: ST2, 6V7, V5, ZS. Even Caribbean was spotty all weekend, but SA
was in the whole time. ZL's came in early in afternoons, but very few JA's
heard, no SE Asia heard at all. When had worked all I could hear, went up high
in band and ran CQ Sunday afternoon and had a few VK's and JA's and W6's call
me. Most DXCC worked: US: 55, PY 25, LU 12, ZL 8, VK 6.