[3830] WPX CW IW1FNW SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon May 28 01:40:11 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: IW1FNW
Operator(s): IW1FNW
Station: IW1FNW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

First time for me in the WPX, with the objective to remove some rust in view of
next contests this year and mainly not to close in the last position, hi!

Even if I operated not full-time, I think I reached both objectives. The rust
was quite a lot, so in the first hours I had a lot of difficulties (in
particular in 40m)! Sorry to all of you that had to repeat the call or the
number several times (I tried to do my best)!
In the last hours it was much better, and I reached constantly a rate above 80
qso/hrs.

Propagation was fair, even if in the past it was better. 15 and 20 have been
the best bands, but also working in 40m it was not bed (even if the band was
noisy). 80m and 10m worked just a couple of hours.

And in closure of the contest a fantastic thunderstorm: it was raining cats and
dogs and there were lightning at a rate as high as my QSO! I was thinking to
stop to save my radio, but at the end I continued and everything was OK!

73 and hear you again in next contest!