[3830] WPX CW VE3MGY SOSB40(TS) QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon May 28 04:08:41 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VE3MGY
Operator(s): VE3MGY
Station: VE3MGY

Class: SOSB40(TS) QRP
QTH: ONTARIO
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I was hoping for a repeat of the excellent 40M conditions I had for the CQ WPX
SSB but it was not to be. Friday night turned out to be the best night of the
weekend. Saturday night brought S9 QRN from Thunderstorms in the mid west.

At times Europe and Africa sounded louder than most NA stations. 40M seemed to
go long early on both nights which had me working some of the close in stations
on weak back scatter as opposed to direct ground wave as I did the the SSB
portion.

Overall condx could have been better but it was still lots of fun trying to
break through the wall of QRN and rapid QSB - especially with 5 watts.

Thanks for all the QSO's

73,
Brian
VE3MGY