[3830] WPX CW DJ1YFK(@DJ6ZM) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon May 28 06:26:13 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: DJ1YFK
Operator(s): DJ1YFK
Station: DJ6ZM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: nr Munich

   15: 1050

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

FTdx5000, ACOM 2000A, Monobanders 80-10m (see http://www.qrz.com/db/dj6zm)

Thanks to Toffy, DJ6ZM for letting me play at his station once again.
This was my first single-OP entry in a major contest since 2008; fun
to work without Skimmer and Packet for a change.

Conditions were obviously great and many records were broken. My score
is also 1m+ above the current DL record, but that won't be enough to win.
Congrats to Manfred, DJ5MW, for beating me by a margin with just two
tribanders and some wires from his new QTH!

Until my second off-time on Sunday I think I did very well, on Sunday
evening I somehow thought that 950 QSOs on 15m were enough and I should
try to get a run going on 20m or 40m, but obviously I was wrong. After
three very slow hours I went to 15m for the last hour and finished it
with about 100 3-point-QSOs. Looking back it was incredibly stupid not
to go back to 15m, I lost big time there.

Operated SO1R this time. The station setup at DL1A allows SO2R with
full antenna capabilities (i. e. power split to two directions) only
after some rearrangement (normally the stations are in two separate
rooms), and I didn't have the time to do this before the contest.

Thanks for all the QSOs and see you in the next one!

Fabian DJ1YFK