[3830] WPX CW NT5C(N3BB) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon May 28 08:02:36 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NT5C
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Austin

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

The CW WPX is one of my favorite contests, along with the NA Sprint, the IARU,
and  SS. I decided to get on for a few stretches mainly to see if I still could
copy CW and to try and find N5AW, who was going to be serious. I never could
find Marv, but he found me, so that part was completed.

A bonus was hearing K5NA working guys on 10 meters, guys whom I could not hear
for the most part. Richard's new super stack on 10 really plays.

I must have missed the incredible 15 meter opening, which people here are
talking about.

The WPX is really fun, with a real exchange and lots of activity. Fun fun fun
to run run run, and SO2R on the second radio to boot!

It was nice to get back into the fray, and also nice not have to sit there all
weekend and work hard at it. Tnx to the sponsor/K5ZD and all the great CW ops
out there. It's starting to be hard to find a good high speed CW natter on the
bands, but the code guys really come out to play on this contest weekend.

Jim N3BB