[3830] WPX CW NN1AA(@K2LE/1) M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon May 28 10:54:09 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NN1AA
Operator(s): W1VE K2LE
Station: K2LE/1

Class: M/S HP
QTH: VT

   15: 1293

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

With limited resources ( operators and antennas needing repair (  in VT
Gerry W1VE and I decided to operate the WPX CW contest just for fun.

Using his other call NN1AA it was really a time-shared single-op effort.
He started late Friday night , took a few hours nap and continued till early
afternoon Saturday when I got then.
He left for home in NH and did not return. I took a 5 hour sleep between 1 and
6 Am Sunday but had to quit before it all ended Sunday.

15 meters was just FANTASTIC. I was active from Europe in the early 1950s when
the band was first created; but in all those years I never experienced
conditions like this.

With my home-brew 4 ele yagi at 95' and a 5 ele Force 12 pointed mostly south
we worked 105 countries on that band - without looking for them.
JA.s were rolling in at all hours of the day - LOUD - worked over 100 JAs
-more than  G's or EAs, .
Band stayed open just about around the clock.  Lots or good DX calling in -
9M6, BY, E21, 9V1, HS, JT, DU, VU, A65 etc.

This was FUN ! Hope for continued surprises - maybe 10 meters will come back to
life.

Tnx to all participants

Andy K2LE