[3830] WPX CW WW2DX(@W2RE) M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon May 28 14:28:24 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WW2DX
Operator(s): W2RE WW2DX AB3CX VY2ZM W2LK
Station: W2RE

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Summit, NY

   20: 1285
   15: 1615

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

That was great conditions! Congrats to the KM3T team and others who broke USA
M/S record. We had no intentions of operating this contest at all! This was a
last minute decision as most of the ops couldn't commit 48 hours due to other
commitments. So, we pieced together a team after VY2ZM asked if he could either
 S/O or be part of a M/S. Jeff VY2ZM was a nice addition to the team! He had
just traveled back from 7O6T dxepedition and was not in any position to travel
to PEI to operate his station.
Lee WW2DX was able to give us 18 hours even though it was his 10yr wedding
anniversary and Les W2LK found time to help us on Sunday! Thanks guys!
Mike AB3CX is the iron man! We kept him on the run radio majority of the time!
We still have quite a bit of work here to improve the station, Scott WU2X from

2X arrays and the designer of the 2014 WRTC yagi is now building us new yagis
for the station! He calls my current yagi's "Junk yard antennas"!
CU in CQWW in the fall!

73, Ray
w2re.com