[3830] WPX CW LZ9W M/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon May 28 22:47:33 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: LZ9W
Operator(s): LZ1ZD, LZ1PM, LZ1FG, LZ1UQ, LZ1GL, LZ1PJ, LZ1ANA, LZ2CJ, LZ2PO, LZ2UU, LZ2HQ, LZ3UM, OK1FDR, LZ3RM, LZ2GL
Station: LZ9W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Breznik
Operating Time (hrs):

   40: 1699
   20: 2578
   15: 2638
   10: 1439

Club: LZ CONTEST TEAM

Comments:

LZ9W QTH in Breznik was just few km away from the epicentre of 5.8 Richter scale
earthquake which occurred few days before WPX weekend. Fortunately we were lucky
that there were no damages to the shack/building and antennas.

We knew this contest will be different from last two years when we reached our
record prefix number from 2011 of 1395 just after 25 hours in the contest and
when we reached our QSO final number from 2011 at 13.20Z on Sunday.

Great 15 m condx have "stolen" the show from 40m band. We were forced to
"fight" for every QSO on lower bands due to nice condx on 15 which in fact
almost never close here. Then 10m surprisingly opened to USA in the middle of
the night local time first day, but there were no too many takers in spite of
USA based Skimmers constantly spotting us. We were able to work USA on 10m in
second night until the end of the contest after our midnight time, too. Quite
unsual ! Overall condx on 10m band were amazing.

Being app 2000 km further East from USA when condx on higher bands are
excellent makes a difference between us and other EU M/M - DR1A and 9A1A.

Congrats to DR1A - they will win EU M/M trophy this year. And second place
scorer as it seems will be defined by the log checking.Congrats to 9A1A team,
too. Excellent score with such limited number of operators.