[3830] WPX CW 4O3A SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue May 29 02:09:01 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: 4O3A
Operator(s): 4O3A
Station: 4O3A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Obosnik hill

   20: 1421
   15: 1679

Club: SKY Contest Club

Comments:

January 2012 was my HAM radio nightmare time. I was thinking for the first time
in my life to quit this target-less game, stopping to „waste“ my time and
money.

Unusually strong tornado just felt down my run tower with largest M2 stacks for
all bands. I felt totally exhausted and left all on station untouched for few
month.

Meantime, I suddenly decided to operate WPX, and made some antenna repair  to
have all bands operational. But did not even dreamed that propagation will be
that magic, giving lifetime opportunity to make my personal highest WPX score.

I did not enjoyed on 15M NEVER in my lifetime as I did this weekend. After
midnight W6 were as strong as JA at the same time. Usually I used 40M for good
QSO weight and JA multiplier, but this time I worked many rares West coast Ws
and JAs at the same time. Nice feeling. Low bands failed totally this time.
Unfortunately for me, antennas were not on needed level to pass 11M margin,
what was deffinitely possible. Small 4/4 stack for 15M, installed on tower
close to house as first aid, took high noise level from  broadcasters, but I
did not have any other opportunity to install it away.

Station  reconstruction will start in mid June.
New tower will carry new stack of 4 tribanders, and will be divided inside the
shack with High Power triplexer, already tested at ES9C and XX9E. Works great
with no interference at all and it will helps to me to have less antennas,
higher efficiency, and less mechanical problems in future.
If antennas will satisfy mechanically, same configuration will be installed on
all 3 towers â€" tribander stack and 3L40 on the top, with 3 HP triplexers.

Thanks to all for calling and see you on air.

Ranko