[3830] WPX CW TC2X(OH2PM) SOAB(TS) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu May 31 14:26:13 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: TC2X
Operator(s): OH2PM
Station: TC2X

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: Istanbul

   20: 1216
   15: 1303

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Back home and able to access internet after 9days break.
Excellent band conditions for a change.
More often than once I felt that I was in M/S class. An unliked body, Mr Murphy
had joined me. I had five electricity breakdowns during the contest.
Those interruptions in power supply decided my break times which were far from
the planned ones. Finally total operating time was less than 35 hours. One
section of the 80/160 vertical slided in, fortunately that happenen in
daylight
and fixing did not take more than 1,5 hours. I coud not work on 10 m at all,
powerline type noise was about s9 all the time, on fifteen only s7 from the
main direction EU/USA. When I turned antenna to JA the noise was at reasonable
level on 15 but stil too high on 10.
Finally I missed my goal score by 1,5 M points. In other words there is a good
potential for improvement for the next year because 14 M is what I believe in
with the tribander and wires setup. By the time operators agefactor seems
however become less than one, making it more and difficult to meet the set
goal.

I want to thank Tevfik, TA1HZ, especially for logistics support. The trip from
Ataturk Aiport on Eupean side of Istanbul to the Asiatic side may at times take
as long as the 2500 km flight from Helsinki to Istanbul.

Thanks for everybody for the QSOs and appogies for asking so many repeats. That
did not happen only because of the lid op but a little bit due to the
environmental factors as well.

An enjoyable contest as always and at least challenging enough.
See you in coming up contests.

Pertti, OH2PM