[3830] NCCC Sprint WJ9B LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Fri Nov 2 09:55:18 EDT 2012

                    NCCC Sprint - Nov 2

Call: WJ9B
Operator(s): WJ9B
Station: WJ9B

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ID
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   80:  13      9
   40:  14      9
Total:  27     18  Total Score = 486

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Got started late, rushing to repair tuner and get 80m 8jk antenna hooked up
inside.  Then, had common mode rf that messed with the computer logging and
keying (pardon me n4af, k7ss, that I can recall this morning).  No RF in shack
now.  Also, didn't know until w4nz told me that dupes were ok...but couldn't
get into the logging program to change it because of rf issue.

Here is a tip:  keep a pencil and paper nearby, just in case.

I heard good signals on 80 meters with 8jk, two half waves in phase, apex 1/4
wave up. I think I have some gain now with mostly horizontal polarization; I
worked east coast inspite of the disturbance.

Looking forward to working you all in SS CW...you should get ID, no problem,
hi. ONN is another story.

73, Will, wj9b