[3830] CQWW SSB VE3DV M/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 4 19:14:32 EST 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3DV
Operator(s): VA3CDU,VA3TVW,VE3ATX,VE3DV,VE3RYI.VE3VZX
Station: VE3DV

Class: M/M HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   11     2        2
   80:  185    12       19
   40:  104    19       46
   20:  444    33       98
   15:  438    32      100
   10:  189    26       78

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Well we tried to run a simple contest but like usual we had problems.
We ran two stations,one with an amp 1kw, as a run station. The other only 100W
as a mult station. We had simple antennas,short wires and a butternut
vertical,3el tri-bander. As we ran from a very small city lot in the heart of
Hamilton. I guess the antennas were too close as we blew the receiver of the
mult rig. The amp also died midday Sunday, but we kept on going. It was nice to
work as a group, with some of the old crew and some newer contesters, after 8
years.We got along fine. We were Happy with our score with such a simple set
up.
Don VE3VZ