[3830] SS CW K4TD SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 4 22:12:12 EST 2012

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K4TD
Operator(s): K4TD
Station: K4TD

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: AL

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

First, thanks for all the Q's!  This year got off to a lackluster start.  I
guessed that 40 would be the place to kick off the contest.  Looks like
everyone else decided 20 and 15 were the place to be.  (I've always been told
not to guess if I'm going to be wrong)...  Those bands are never good to me at
the start from the "nose-bleed" section of AL.  I tried moving up, but after 3
or 4 lost jump balls in a row, I decided to limp back down to 40 and wait.  I
knew I was in trouble when guys started showing up on 40 with BIG numbers...
LOL!  To add insult to injury, I had to shut down for about 1.5 hours during
Saturday night prime time due to a storm that passed through the area with lots
of lightning.

There sure was much more participation from SNJ, NNJ and NLI than I expected.
Hats off to y'all for finding a way to get on this weekend.  The new ONN, ONS,
ONE and GTA were very well represented.  I was concerned about ONN, but snagged
it rather early after all.

Congratulations to the winners, and see you next year.

73,

TD