[3830] SS CW K3WA SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 4 22:16:38 EST 2012

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K3WA
Operator(s): K3WA
Station: K3WA

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: East Peoria, IL

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

After a full time effort at the K9CT contest station for CQ WW SSB, I really was
looking forward to some real hamming fun during the CW SS.  And the contest
provided all the fun I could handle.  Murphy stayed away, everything worked,
and I had my best sweepstakes ever.

     After a slow start things picked up.  By 8 PM I had 82 of the sections in
the log and only needed NNY for the sweep.  Got some good runs going on 80 and
40.  Shouldn't be too hard.  I heard K2NNY a number of times so he surely would
be around.  Never heard him again in this contest.  But around 1 AM another NNY
called in for sweep.  What a pleasure to go for my first off time with the
sweep in tha bag.

     Sunday was the normal drudge but there have been worse.  This was one
great sweepstakes!