[3830] SS CW K7IA(@KL7IA) Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 4 22:36:43 EST 2012

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K7IA
Operator(s): K7IA
Station: KL7IA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 15:35

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Four more Qs this year in 6 hours less operating time.  Contest computer went
west a week ago on Friday evening of the CQ WW SSB, and I spent the week making
it, and N1MM, work together again, or so I thought.  While tweaking new antennas
for 80 and 160m on the morning before the SSCW, I returned to the shack to see
the "working" computer displaying a beautiful blue screen.  Too many new
drivers??  Restarting cleared the blue screen, but the annoying  N1MM (or C++
redistributable) error messages reared their ugly heads, shades of last
weekend.  Checkout and clean reinstall of N1MM cost not only the first hour and
a half of contest time but also my momentum for the event, as I sat on the edge
of my chair wondering, "what's next?"  Thankfully, everything but the
distracted operator performed flawlessly afterwards.  Dell will be getting
another call...

With only 10 minutes to go, DE called, so I missed the Sweep by only one
section, MAR.

I spent years operating the SSCW as QRP, so it was great to encounter so many
of them this weekend--some with some really potent signals;  good antennas,
short feedlines, no?

The FCC license examiners were obviously very busy from 1958-1961.  Those were
the days!

Thanks to all for the QSOs, and special thanks to Ontario for the extra mults!

73, dan