[3830] SS CW NE9U SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 4 23:58:03 EST 2012

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: NE9U
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: NE9U

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH:

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Threw a new antenna up Wednesday with the hopes it would be a better 2nd radio
antenna than my 10 foot high fan dipoles.  It was a 130 foot ladder line fed
inverted vee strung near top of my 56 foot tower with ends at about 20 feet.
The old IC765 tuned it up nice on all bands and it seemed to work well.
However, it introduced a lot of RFI in the shack induced from the other High
Power radio, since its so close to my 80/40 sloper and A4 Yagi.  Took a half
hour break early saturday evening to ground and torroid everything to death.
Took another 1/2 hour break Sunday morning to do the same.  I think I got it
under control!  Sorry for raspy signals at times.  I'll call the antenna
project a wash...helped and hurt.  At least now I have something for the WARC
bands!

Equipment:

FT1000D
LK500Z Amp