[3830] SS CW WJ9B Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 5 02:12:05 EST 2012

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WJ9B
Operator(s): WJ9B
Station: WJ9B

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ID

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

That was fun, even though I expected to break 1K in qsos.  Got the sweep working
MB with 90 minutes remaining on my time.  All sections were well represented,
including ONN!  Pileups heard on ND and ve9hf however.  Vy1ei called me early,
and I heard him cqing away later, with no takers!

...seems like the East coast stations all went to 40m at the same time, and
much too early for out here.  This seemed unusal to me, even though this is my
first full-time single-op effort in a major contest on the West coast.

A collecative "hats off" to all those East coast stations on-the-air inspite of
Sandy!  God Bless.

Storms notwithstanding, isn't this a nice time of the year?

73, Will, wj9b, dit dit