[3830] SS CW WN6K Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 5 11:58:03 EST 2012

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 23:07

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Ok RAC, I was in for a Sweep this year when my 13th Mult worked was Jay in NT
and things were really humming along.  Having my NEXT to last (NNY) in the log
at 1648 UTC on Sunday morning, I thought, "No Panic, you always work a boatload
of VE3s and ONN will surely show up sometime in the day. About 5 hours left, I
started to look for ANY VE3s CQing to see if one was out there... no Joy.  So I
need to send for a SWEEP Cup without a Handle from ARRL.

In overall comparison, I did better than 2010 and 2011 so things are improving.
I think that a bit of that are conditions, a bit to the SteppIR (40m is easier
if not overall better) and the FT5000.  You can do a lot with the receiving 'on
the fly' which was VERY helpful with those pile of QRP stations this year. With
the LP upper limit of 150w, I had a little bit more umph so I felt that it was
a tad bit easier.

Sunday was a LONG day here and I finally threw in the towel with still 53
minutes left after calling and calling and S/Ping without a result.  Food was
on the table getting cold and I was hoping to find an ONN inside that
Lasagna...

73, WN6K - Paul