[3830] SS CW W4MR(AA4NC) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 5 14:37:31 EST 2012

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W4MR
Operator(s): AA4NC
Station: AA4NC

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NC

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

It was a tale of two contests - Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was great and
Sunday was the pits! I had my best Saturday ever and despite the additional
mults, I had my best QSO total and a sweep in the bag by my 0700z sleep time. I
spent most of the day Saturday on 40 meters with good conditions and was looking
forward to finishing the contest on 80m which is usually good from here on
Sunday night. This was not to be as rain brought noisy conditions and a
noticeable drop in normal Sunday participation. Despite working hard on the
second radio, the rate just evaporated.

This has to be the year of the clean sweep. I heard all of the rare mults
everywhere, at times begging for Qs. The new VE3s were very easy to find, with
ONN being the rarest of the 4 mults.

The checks show lots of guys are still doing this after 40-60+ years! Always
nice to work so many familiar calls year after year. Glad we are all able to
stay "radioactive" despite adding another year into the log.

73 - Will AA4NC / W4MR

Equipment:

K3 + AL1200
FT1000MP + LK500ZB
Top Ten DX Doubler, WX0B SixPak, N1MM Logger

80: Inverted V @ 120'
40: 2 el. @ 130'
20: 4/4 @ 120'/50'
15: 4 el. @ 90'