[3830] SS CW N9NE Single Op QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 5 19:12:23 EST 2012

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N9NE
Operator(s): N9NE
Station: N9NE

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Amherst, WI

Came into this contest with uncertainty whether I could hold up mentally and
physically for the full time, as I am awaiting surgery on my painful right
shoulder for a ruptured tendon(and I key right handed:). Conditions were
excellent at first but by 2 am local, there were few stations so hit the sack.
Sunday morning was good, but afternoon and evening was difficult; got good
unsolicited signal reports then but could not sustain runs. 80M was very noisy
Sunday evening. Could not buy a 'Q' toward the end.

Thanks to all who pulled me out of the noise level and took time to get my
exchange!  Glad to see areas affected by Sandy represented.

Missed MB as usual, as well as NT and ONN (had I not been injured, I'd
considered a QRP operation from Soo Canada, not all that far from here).

Setup: K3 to 40-10M Force 12 beam at 70' and 176' doublet at 67'. N1MM logger.

My first SS was 54 years ago as a Novice in 1958 when I won the WIS section
novice award with 102 Qs and 37 sections :)... and 4 or 5 crystals, LOL!