[3830] SS CW WX0B(K5GA) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Nov 7 09:06:50 EST 2012

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WX0B
Operator(s): K5GA
Station: WX0B

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: N TX

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

An extremely severe lightning storm came across Dallas at about 0100 and had no
choice but to get off the air. Returned 80 minutes later but as we all know,
it's impossible to make up the lost Qs and rate. Also the noise on 40/80 was
bad the rest of the night causing me to slow down in order to get the exchanges
correct. I realized that it wasn't fun anymore and decided to continue operating
until I reached 1000 Qs and a sweep. At 1900 I turned the switch off and walked
away....first time ever for me to quit but it felt good knowing I wouldn't have
to suffer through the unbearable slow rates of Sunday afternoon/evening.

I feel the ARRL or some other organization needs to do a national campaign to
get more activity on Sunday. Maybe tell the casual participants not to do their
2 or 3 hours of operating at the start but rather on Sunday....just a thought.