[3830] WAE RTTY GU0SUP Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 12 12:37:27 EST 2012

                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: GU0SUP
Operator(s): GU0SUP
Station: GU0SUP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:

   80:   19   76     0    56
   40:   59  177    10   123
   20:   86  172    70   100
   15:  101  202   180   106
   10:   65  130   170    68
------------------------------
Total:  330  757   430   453  Total Score = 344,280

Club: DL-DX RTTY Contest Group

Comments:

A really poor effort from me! Partly due to very strange propagation here -
especially on Saturday. Both 10 & 15 were nicely open (ie VK/JA/W6/W7/VE7) but
not too many stations heard. No EU or W1/2's when expected either.
There were a few strong stations about, yet they didn't hear me. Conversely,
several weak stations got me first call.

Still a few stations sending SRI NO QTC's, but far less than previous years.
What I find hard to understand are those stations working 700 or more contacts,
yet say NO QTC.

Saw a few spots for bogus DX, mainly from ONE station. But, SV2ASP/a was real,
and I managed to work him on 10m for a new band slot in just a couple of calls,
so that was neat, even though he wasn't in the contest.

Great to work Gary AL9A on 20m, but it was hard work, as was KH6ZM.
Also good to get 6Y3M on 3 bands, but it was a shame that I had (deliberate I
think) QRM when he tried to send me QTC's.

I did get all 10 W call areas on 10 and 15m, but missed loads on 20.
Not too many JA's around either, but I guess the JIDX took most away from WAE.

Thanks to all for the points and the mults. My log has been uploaded to LoTW,
but I guess it may be a few days before any matches show up.

73 de Phil GU0SUP