[3830] WAE RTTY KI7MT Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 12 20:59:49 EST 2012

                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KI7MT
Operator(s): KI7MT
Station: KI7MT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Montana

   15:  296  296   240   134
   10:   87   87    40    62
------------------------------
Total:  383  383   280   196  Total Score = 130,240

Always allot of fun this contest. 12 hours not allot of time, but enough to get
in and mix it up a bit. Was in and out of the shack allot this time.

Had a major winter storm roll though Friday & Saturday. Dumped 2 feet of snow
and the temps plunged to -6F on Saturday, needless to say, I was in no hurry to
go out to the shack. As a result, I missed allot of EU on 10/15 as I didn't go
out until about 9:30 - 10:00 local (1630z-1700z) so the bands were on their way
our I suppose.

10m Seemed open every time I checked it, just not allot of folks on it when I
was there.

Didn't bother with 20m, figured 2 bands was enough fun. Could have worked allot
more, but was hunting DX stations that I could send / rcv QTC's with :-)

The JIDX took it's toll, although I managed to get many in the log,
participation was down from normal JA RTTY activity.

Some good DX in the log, T88, AH2J/KH0, DS, HL, YB1, ZS, VK, ZL. Worked 5W and
A31 12m CW when saw them spotted, changing logs of course, N1MM makes that
easy. Didn't see the usualy player from N.AF or Carib this time, suppose there
all getting ready for CQ-WW.

Still amazed at the number of ops saying "SRI No QTC", there free points :-)
and once you figure our your SW it's dead easy to do. Ctrl-Z is your friend
with N1MM Logger :-)

See you All in the Sweeps, then CQ-WW-CW.

73's
KI7MT
Helena Montana