[3830] SS SSB KC0W Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 18 13:01:48 EST 2012

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KC0W
Operator(s): KC0W
Station: KC0W

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ND
Operating Time (hrs):

Total: 1280  Sections = 1  Total Score = 1

Greetings from North Dakota.

Had to go QRT on Sunday morning at 10AM to work on dismantling the pair of 140'
phased array towers for 160m. They both came down in a big ice storm last week.
Much carnage here due to that lousy storm. I will restart the building precess
all over again next spring. Kinda disheartening since I have performed 95% of
the stations tower work alone.

Am now contemplating putting up a 9 element circle arrays for 160/80m instead
of the planned 4 squares. See QRZ for more info regarding the stations
construction here.

Anyway, great to work so many old friends in SS!!! I have no doubt I could have
broken the 2,000 QSO mark. But since it's gonna be almost 60F here today I had
to get outside to do some tower dismantling.

 Came within 3 section of a Sweep. Never did hear or work that allusive North
Dakota, hihi. Oh well, it really means nothing. My enjoyment comes from helping
'da boys out with the ND mult.

The vast majority of the op's were fantastic!!! I had to repeat my exchange
info only a handful number of times...............THANKS TO ALL OPERATORS WHO
USE FULL CALL SIGNS!!!

 Propagation was decent. Thank goodness for that because I was forced to use
last minute (literally) cobbled together antennas to get on the air due to the
previous weeks big ice storm.

 Can't wait for the ARRL 160m CW 'test in two weeks!!! The antenna used will be
a shell of their former self's but since no one got hurt I really can't
complain.

Hope to work ya again in the next 'test. Best of luck to all from the heart of
'da Oil Patch in western North Dakota.

 As always, the KC0W contesting disclaimer:

 **** I contest for the FUN of it from here in North Dakota & not to
collect any awards, plaques or "wallpaper". I use my general logging program
track the total number of QSO's made & leave it at that. This is why I have no
information regarding my total number of mults or a final score. ****

'