[3830] SS SSB AK4I Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 18 19:42:17 EST 2012

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: AK4I
Operator(s): AK4I
Station: AK4I

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Marietta,GA

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Got on the air to pass out a few Q's.  Too tired from work and other activities
over the last week to hit it hard.  Seemed to me that the bands were long all
of the times I got on (Hawaii and Alaska were easy even at 150 watts).  For
about an 45 minutes I had an echo on the more powerful signals; dual path I
suspect. Seems like I worked most of the western US but struggled working
anything east of the Mississippi.  Stuck strictly to 15 and 10 meters filling
in a few states for 6 band WAS