[3830] SS SSB KU0G Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 18 21:08:14 EST 2012

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KU0G
Operator(s): KU0G
Station: KU0G

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MO

Club: Kansas City DX Club

Comments:

2012 was the first time I've ever pulled off the sweep on the first night. Got
it down to SF, KY, WV, and MS by 0400z. In the next 30 minutes 3 of the 4 found
me calling CQ and I got a hot top for MS which put me over the top for the
sweep!

Had the best of intentions to get a full 24 hours in this time but the KC
Symphony didn't consult me when they were scheduling performances this year so
I ended up having to cancel out of one performance Saturday night but did a
church organ gig and the symphony gig Sunday so I missed a good 6.5 hours of
prime running time. Also the wife decided to run ALL of the appliances about
0230z right in the middle of a big pile-up run on 40m that hurt as I lost of
lot of folks that were waiting in line. Catch y'all next time, folks!

Even though I didn't hit my 1000 Q's goal I'm still happy with the results,
especially nailing the sweep in under 8 hours. Even though I'm off last year's
QSO county by 120 the new mults helped narrow the gap I'd have had otherwise.
It was a fun weekend thanks to Dr. Pepper and fairly good band conditions! See
y'all in the 10m and 160m contests!