[3830] SS SSB KL2HD SO Unlimited LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 19 00:33:46 EST 2012

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KL2HD
Operator(s): KL2HD
Station: KL2HD

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Homer, Alaska

Great contest! 10m was open and I had steady calls for a couple hours.  Not fast
rate, just regular and constant. As the day went on, I had less success on other
bands.  I could run on 10 and 15, but was pretty much left with S&P for 20 and
40m. Much of my operating time was spent on 20 and 40m for only a few QSOs

This contest I found out about the N1MM Multipliers window which has check
boxes under "sections" which allows you to see your progress without resorting
to pen and paper.  Pretty handy and I was able to plan out my mult strategy to
nab them before propagation faded.  Before I knew it, I only had a couple left
and I was searching and searching for KS until 20 finally opened and I could
work a mult which couldn't hear me for hours. I did not expect to get a clean
sweep!  Hello mug. Nice.

Doubled my QSOs from last year and tripled my score.  Good score from KL with
LP.  Great progress in a fun hobby. Thanks to all.

73,
Jeff