[3830] SS SSB AA5B Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Nov 21 17:29:44 EST 2012

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: AA5B
Operator(s): AA5B
Station: AA5B

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NM

Club: New Mexico Big River Contesters

Comments:

I was holding my own with low power in the beginning on 10 and 15 meters, but
then reality set it. It's not a lot of fun duking it out on 20 and 40 meters
running barefoot and dipoles, so I turned on the amplifier. The fun level went
up, and so did the points for the club. I continued to send "A" in the exchange
so the log checker wouldn't have to deal with another unstable log and I
wouldn't have to edit my Cabrillo file post-contest, but this is a SOHP entry.

Good condx (but 10 could've been better on Sunday), and nice to hear so many
familiar callsigns showing up year after year.

73,
  Bruce AA5Banana

80: inverted L
40: dipole at 60 ft