[3830] NCCC Sprint PJ4/K4BAI LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Nov 22 23:48:01 EST 2012

                    NCCC Sprint - Nov 23

Call: PJ4/K4BAI
Operator(s): PJ4/K4BAI
Station: PJ4/K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PJ4

  160:   0      0
   80:   8      7
   40:   8      8
   20:   0      0
Total:  16     15  Total Score = 240

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP Mark V, 100W, 2 el 40, sloping dipoles 80.  Very little activity
tonight.  20 was dead.  40 and 80 were OK, but not west coast on 80.  160 not
really tested.  Didn't discover until after the NS period that I was not on an
antenna on 160, but was on a neutral dead spot between the two 160M antennas on
a switch.  However, it didn't make any difference, as we now have some type of
noise on 160M that prevents reception of any signal not very very strong.  It
was much better Wednesday night.  The beverage antennas put out today don't
seem to be working.  Got lots to fix before the contest starts.  Hope everyone
has a lot of fun in CQ WW CW this weekend.  73, John, K4BAI.