[3830] CQWW CW N6RV SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 25 19:26:22 EST 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N6RV
Operator(s): N6RV
Station: N6RV

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: LAX

  160:    8     6        5
   80:   46    14       18
   40:  239    27       77
   20:  220    32       84
   15:  234    31       82
   10:  251    27       64
------------------------------
Total:  998   137      330  Total Score = 1,289,854

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

First thanks to all the stations that heard my 100 watts! I injured my neck
between the ARRL CW and Phone contest last year and it has affected my fist! I
did not know it until this contest. 40 meters on Saturday night was incredible.
We will probably never see it that good again! The band was quiet and there were
Europeans every 200 Hz. I believe that conditions were down in general. 10
meters was not like last year or even last month. The number of QSOs is more
evenly distributed across 40 - 10. That means in general conditions were
poorer. People were moving all around the bands and not running to 10 meters!
Sunday there were plenty of rare ones to snag. Plenty of African stations and
they were loud! D3AA was calling all alone with few takers! The DX in the
Pacific was also plentiful. I had to remember to turn the antenna West. The
local QRM falls way off and I can even work the DX that I did not hear pointing
East off the back of the beam. Someday I will remember to look for the Middle
East and Indian Ocean on 20m. Maybe when I get my contest property and can
rapidly switch antennas.