[3830] CQWW CW VE1ZA SOSB(A)/20 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 25 19:27:01 EST 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE1ZA
Operator(s): VE1ZA
Station: VE1ZA

Class: SOSB(A)/20 LP
QTH: Halifax

   20: 1098    35      125
Total: 1098    35      125  Total Score = 473,920

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Well that was really fun.  Friday night conditions were poor, but managed a few
contacts.  Saturday was really good and managed to hold a few runs.  The grey
line openings were fantastic into JA and Asia, many thanks to E21YDP who called
me through an EU pile up for a new one!!!   I had to point the beam north to get
best signals on USA stations due to aurora!! I was able to make 20m DXCC in less
than 21 hours--A first for me.  As usual; two new zones and many multipliers in
the last hour of the contest.  I wish I had run moreâ€"next time.  Also heard
were a handful of QRP stations--congratulations.  I need a new chair and a new
behind!!  Cheers--Tony VE1ZA.