[3830] CQWW CW KT8K SOAB QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 25 19:32:21 EST 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KT8K
Operator(s): KT8K
Station: KT8K

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: EN82ch SE Mich
Operating Time (hrs): 27:27

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   16     9        8
   40:  104    17       49
   20:  192    21       67
   15:  242    22       72
   10:   43    14       25

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I'm pretty brain dead now ... But it certainly was fun, and I REALLY appreciate
all the folks with big antennas that can make up for my QRP power and wires in
the trees.

Friday night was agony - I couldn't be heard over the bigger stations (20 Q's
in 4 hours).  I went to bed.  Saturday through the end went much better.  15m
was the best - low noise and good signals mostly.  10m never really did too
well.  20m was a zoo in daylight and 40m was a zoo at night, but I managed to
pull a lot of QSO's out from the little gaps between the big signals (or from
high on the bands).  I even ran(!) for almost half an hour at 21033 and made 19
Q's without being chased off!  Nice!  80m noise levels were very high here (I
live almost under 40 kV power lines) but I made some exciting Q's there, too,
resulting in 5-banders with KH6LC, VE6JY, and D4C.
Now I just want that big tower more than ever ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNWZjzrzgwA  Thanks for enjoying my song.  (I
LIVE for those hits, BTW ... when I'm not contesting, anyway.)
Thanks again to all, and best of luck (and propagation) in 2013.  72 de kt8k -
Tim