[3830] CQWW CW WS7L SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 25 20:18:10 EST 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: WS7L
Operator(s): WS7L
Station: WS7L

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: OR

  160:   17     7        7
   80:   31    13       16
   40:   85    24       57
   20:  268    27       89
   15:  166    26       50
   10:   89    22       40
------------------------------
Total:  656   119      259  Total Score = 681,156

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Nearly doubled my score from last year. I hope to break a million one of these
years and it looks like it could happen. A lot of that is due to using my
"temporary" K7JA Field Day Yagi on 20 meters. 3 elements 1/2 wavelength up.
It's worth going out into the rain and cold to rotate it. Gain is good. (So
would be a rotator with a control in the shack.)

Rates were not very good. Best single hour about 30. Mostly S&P with a bit of a
run here and there. Almost got a head of steam going on 15 meters right at the
close with quite a few JA's and PY's calling in, and even VR2KW for my last
multiplier.

HK1NA was a real powerhouse -- always loud here and in the log on all six bands
along with the usual suspects KH6LC, JA5FDJ, and JA3YBK.

73 and thanks for all the Q's. Hope to see you in the 160 tests this winter.
Carl WS7L
K3 + KPA500 + HF-2V + R-6000 + 20 m yagi.