[3830] CQWW CW W8FN SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 25 20:52:29 EST 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 10:45

  160:   10     6        6
   80:   34     9       18
   40:  130    18       57
   20:   26    12       17
   15:   99    18       49
   10:  129    15       27

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

With lots of domestic chores this weekend I just did a limited S&P operation,
with the emphasis on checking out recent low band antenna changes. Looks like I
may have the 80 meter antenna working as well as it can be expected to. Just got
the new FCP going for the 160 inverted L Friday morning, and it seems to have
helped. I could work whatever I could hear. Problem is, I couldn't hear very
much. Using both the transmit antenna and the loop in diversity receive mode on
160 through 40 definitely helped pull signals out of the noise.

It was great fun Saturday morning on 10 and 15, with the S&P rate meter running
around 160 at the peaks and over 100 for most of an hour. Best conditions to EU
I've heard in a long time, and 10 was really great for a change.

See y'all in ARRL 160!

73...
Randy, W8FN