[3830] CQWW CW ZF1A M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 25 23:23:54 EST 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ZF1A
Operator(s): K6AM, N6AN, K5PI, K5WA
Station: ZF1A

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Cayman Is.

  160:  124    15       36
   80:  810    26      106
   40: 2453    36      128
   20: 1086    37      141
   15: 2280    36      147
   10: 1194    33      128

Club: Cayman Amateur Radio Society

Comments:

Conditions were a bit below last year with 20 meters closing down here at night.
 But as a M/S, we just went to 40 which did very well.  160 was difficult with
only a few EU's coming through, but 80 sounded like 20 with our big 2 el yagi
at 90 ft.

We were joined this year by David, N6AN who jumped right in and had our best
hour at 263 working in tandem with veteran Bob, K5WA.  The frequency was clear
and the callers had the decency to form a single file line.

As always our thanks to Andrew and the gang at CARS for the use of the fine
station.

CU next time,

John, K6AM/ZF2AM