[3830] CQWW CW W7RH SOSB/160 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 26 00:16:16 EST 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W7RH
Operator(s): W7RH
Station: W7RH

Class: SOSB/160 LP
QTH: AZ

  160:  50     9        9
Total:  50     9        9  Total Score = 2,466

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I did not have a good effort this year. Tried as I may, I did not get RX/TX
array working properly until late Sunday morning. It has been plagued by
problems since a late August thunderstorm and near strike. With a hundred Watts
and no directivity and essentially a single short monopole to play with. I bowed
out to save my energy to get the thing fixed.

Conditions were very unsettled and at times the band went dead. S9 signals
would disappear for several minutes.

At least I was able to restore proper antenna operation before the big snows
come making it impossible if not very difficult job.

CU all in ARRL 160

73, Bob W7RH