[3830] CQWW CW OK8WW(OK8WW/OM2TW) SOSB(A)/15 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 26 06:25:10 EST 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OK8WW
Operator(s): OK8WW/OM2TW
Station: OK1RF/OK1RI

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: Brezina
Operating Time (hrs): 28,5

   15: 1994    39      155
Total: 1994    39      155  Total Score = 917,232

Club: Radio Syd Contest Group

Comments:

This year I did not go for multi/multi from Gambia C5A. So I figure after SSB
part, I go for a 15m CW effort again from Brezina. But this time not so good as
for SSB. CME has made contesting on saturday less fun. No EU condx, very NA and
echo in all signals, very hard to lsn. Late afternoon I saw the advantage of
southern station, 9A, I, S5, YU still working when in my QTH the band was
death. Sundays afternoon much better, NA pileup covered my gap a bit.

Of course Murphy. I had a technical problem with cabling and my ATU in
transceiver tried to tune every 10 minutes...crazy.

CW was much better from QRM point of view, only intruders on my frequency were
DF0HQ and 3Z5N. Without asking QRL? (be aware, if you lsn weak signal longer
that 5 seconds...this means that frequency is free). Can be checked on
reversebeacon.net.

Nice competition with 9A1CCY, RT5Z, UW1M, OH1F on cqcontest.ru and others.

Great weekend, and lots of fun.

73 de Rich OK8WW / OM2TW (member of OL4A and C5A)