[3830] CQWW CW K1ZR SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 26 09:29:12 EST 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K1ZR
Operator(s): K1ZR
Station: K1ZR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

  160:   28    11       18
   80:  486    20       76
   40:  890    25       90
   20:  675    26       82
   15:  940    25       85
   10:  345    19       68

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Right out of the gate I fell behind on my QSO/HR goals and spent the first 24
hours trying to catch up.  Came within 300 q's of my 'first 24' goal however
fell short by quite a bit at the end.  It was hard to recover from the low Q
count on 40 the first night....I think I had something like 250 q's on 40 the
first night due to the funky conditions.

High's:

1)Once again, the 4sq on 80 seems to have filled the gap on that band.  I have
only 14 radials per vertical which will be increased to 32....and then 64 at
some point.

2)Nothing broke!

3)The many q's with FB ops.

Low's:

1)The shunt fed tower on 160 needs more radials.  Also need to add a receive
antenna.

2)Low mult count.  This contest officially brings an end to SO1R operating.

3)TU, TU, TU, TU, TU, TU, TU, TU, TU, TU, TU, CALL SIGN, TU, TU, TU, TU, TU,
TU, TU, TU, TU........

Seasons greetings to all. CU in ARRL DX.

73,
Shane K1ZR