[3830] CQWW CW N7IR SOAB QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 26 11:33:35 EST 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N7IR
Operator(s): N7IR
Station: N7IR

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: AZ

  160:    8     4        3
   80:   11     8        7
   40:  181    25       67
   20:  102    22       57
   15:  185    26       62
   10:  145    27       53
------------------------------
Total:  632   112      249  Total Score = 632,111

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I haven't done a full out SOAB effort in this contest since 2000.  The double
CME impact made this attempt challenging on Saturday morning (GMT) but near
normal propagation seemed to return by the end of the contest.
Thanks to our Japanese contesting colleagues for 132 of the total QSOs; more
than that if you count their various Pacific contest expeditions.  Without
their participation DX contests would be very boring from the west coast of
north America for QRP operators.
The number of out of control pile ups seems to be increasing rapidly.  A few
times the recipient was forced to move and those of us not relying on spotting
assistance got a brief chance to pick up a new multiplier.
Thanks for the contacts and your patience.
73
Gary, N7IR