[3830] CQWW CW K9CT M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 26 13:42:36 EST 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IL

  160:  101    20       58
   80:  537    26      103
   40: 1091    38      134
   20: 1084    39      148
   15: 1674    36      146
   10:  729    32      129

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Team: AG9A, K3WA, K9CT, K9ZO, KB9OWD, N4RR, NK9E, W9SZ This was a super group of
team mates. Thanks for all of your efforts and pleasant company. N4RR and KB9OWD
were first timers at K9CT.

Our goal was to break the M/2 record for W9 set in 2011 by W9SN and crew. With
the initial propagation for the first 24 hours, this was not going to be easy.
The team went to work and did as best as conditions allowed. At sunset
Saturday, we knew it was close and we made a call for ice cream to
celebrate....about 01:30Z we each enjoyed some ice cream. Then it was just a
race against KB1H team on the cqcontest.ru live scores website. They eventually
pulled away with QSOs and longer openings but it was fun to watch and keep us
motivated. Why don't more people post their scores? It is fun!!!

The bands were very interesting all contest long. 20m would be watery but 15
was clear as a bell. All bands improved significantly by late Saturday. The
mutual sunlight between us and EU made an obvious difference between SSB and CW
contests.

Thanks for all of the qsos and great time on the air. There are many super cw
operators and this has to be one of the best contests to showcase their skills.
Very impressive!!

73, Craig K9CT

www.k9ct.us