[3830] CQWW CW LZ9W M/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 26 15:07:47 EST 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LZ9W
Operator(s): LZ1ZD, LZ1PM, LZ1UQ, OK1FDR,  LZ1FG, LZ1GL, LZ1PJ, LZ2CJ, LZ2PO, LZ2UU, LZ2HQ, LZ2GL,LZ2WO, LZ2TU, LZ3UM, LZ3FM, LZ3SM, LZ3RM
Station: LZ9W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Breznik

  160:  1150    19       72
   80:  1923    35      129
   40:  3550    39      150
   20:  2465    38      146
   15:  1914    39      151
   10:  1180    38      153
-------------------------------

Club: LZ CONTEST TEAM

Comments:

We never had such a bad contest from technical standpoint - a lot of technical
problems with radios and amps. Thanks to LZ2GL we were able to finish this
one.

At least 300 DX QSOs were lost due to time spend on solving technical problems
mainly on 20m, but on the rest of the bands, too.

As LZ1ZD said it - German buddies were just lucky to be some 2000 km closer to
North America in this one ;-). Only about 100 QSOs difference this time
compared to DR1A guys.

Condx were not that good as in SSB part on 20,15 and 10m.

Our 3el. full size yagi on 80m proved itself one more time, although we had a
feeling that there were less stations on the band this year. About 240 QSOs
less compared to 2011 80m score, but bit higher mults total.

As usual for us in CW part 40m was our money band again.

As "chief" 160m operator at LZ9W I can say that since we started in as M/M 10
years ago this one was the CQWW CW with best conditions on top band from LZ.
I have put 118 QSOS in the log in the first hour ! We never worked so many NA
and JA stations on 160m before. The best moment was when NH2T replied to my CQ
with a decent signal. Main problem on top band for us are stations from
Carribean area. I was able to hear them quite well this time, but it was not
possible at all to get through the Western Europe and North American WALL of
stations calling.

Not being able to work Carribean mults on top band affected badly our
multipliers total, too. Two zones and 18 countries less than in 2011 contest.

Overall, we are very happy with our score having in mind all technical problems
we were faced with.

We THANK Radim OK1FDR for traveling once again from Prague to Breznik to be
part of our M/M team. He was as usual, in last couple of years,part of our 20m
crew.

See you in the next one and THANKS for calling us!

73, Wally LZ2CJ
on behalf of LZ9W M/M Contest Team
www.lz9w.com