[3830] CQWW CW VY2ZM M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 26 19:04:55 EST 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VY2ZM
Operator(s): VY2ZM, VE1RGB, N2NT
Station: VY2ZM

Class: M/S HP
QTH: PEI

  160:  452    19       82
   80: 1242    28      109
   40: 1637    35      134
   20: 1157    38      143
   15: 1538    37      142
   10:  730    30      131

Club: YCCC/FRC/MCC

Comments:

The idea of doing a M/S became a reality when Andy Blank (N2NT) could not go to
V4 as planned.  We decided to do this at the last minute and, fortunately for
us, Gary Bartlett VE1RGB was able to join us as well and do a really fine job
helping to chase multipliers all weekend long.

Normally Gary operates from home near Halifax with a small station and wire
antennas.  His fine scores in most CW contests are well known around these
parts (a LOW POWER SWEEP in SS CW two weeks ago is just one example of many).
His wife Bev allowed him to join us at the last minute and we were lucky to
have him on the team.

We had a great time overall despite struggling on 10M all day long  on Saturday
- but Sunday's better conditions made our 10M score look almost okay in the
end.

Thanks to all our friends who called in over the weekend and we will split this
score 1/3 YCCC. 1/3 FRC and 1/3 MCC which is appropriate of course.

Hope to CU all in the next one.

73 JEFF VY2ZM